Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless Headphones with Charging Dock Review
The latest RF wireless-headphone set from Sennheiser is a midrange model that outdoes its pricier sibling in terms of performance. They look hip and offer home theater as well as music performance which are much better than the more expensive RS65s of Sennheiser.
Weighing a slight 8.1 ounces, the RS120s overprotect and enclose your ears. The RF wireless-headphone also has a built-in volume control as well as a transmitter control that lets one fine tune the reception.
Even after a long evening of listening to DVDs, they have proven to be comfortable. The two controls are located next to each other on the right ear cup.
- It has wireless capability and free reception for stereo sounds through ceilings, walls and outdoors up to 300 feet
- It provides comfort as its lightweight on-ear design is the best for long listening sessions
- It has amazing sound and the open air design delivers a warm and detailed sound.
- It has three RF channels and a selector which help in choosing an interference free channel for clear reception
- It also offers easy recharge with a wall-mountable transmitter which doubles itself as a charging piece. When stored on a metal cradle, the headphones get recharged
- It has a long battery life
- It has an amazing headphone control with on/off, volume and tuning control located on the headphone
- It has an easy setup and the transmitter also connects directly to any device with analog audio output
- It is quite easy to use and operating the controls as well as charging headphones is very simple. You only have to place them on the transmitter platform when not in use
- It provides flexibility as you can enjoy sound anywhere in your home with great quality without disturbing others irrespective of the location of the sound producing unit
- It offers versatility as it lets you use the headphones with a huge array of sound producing devices thanks to the adapters in the package.
- It has a two-year international warranty and you can expect amazing quality and full assistance if anything goes wrong
- A hissing sound is frequently produced when the transmitter is near devices with remote controls. This is not a major disadvantage and the solution is simple. All you have to do is to place the transmitter further away from such units
- Also, you cannot recharge the headphones when the ear cups are extended
Due to the powerful and amazing technology which they use, The Sennheiser headphones have the best wireless capabilities. It has an excellent sound quality and the sound reproduction is balanced and very pleasant. Also, you will be sure to love the clarity of the trebles and the detailed middle range. Another best part is the bass response is very nice and you will be able to feel it as well as hear it.
The Sennheiser headphones are compatible with all devices, for example, the ones which use 1/8-inch outputs or 1/4-inch outputs and 1/8-inch outputs or 1/4-inch outputs (the red and white outputs).
These include plasma and traditional television sets, Blu-Ray players, sound systems, LCD desktop computers and laptops and MP3 players.
Sennheiser RS120 -vs- Sennheiser RS 170
The Sennheiser RS120 and Sennheiser RS 170 promise superior external noise reduction than the various smaller headphones like the ear buds.
Frequency Response: The Sennheiser RS120 can output higher pitches on the treble end while The Sennheiser RS 170 has a lower bass frequency. The human ears can hear better between 20Hz – 20 kHz, to put the numbers into perspective.
Impedance: in terms of impedance The Sennheiser RS 170 has higher impedance than the Sennheiser RS120, and also needs much more power to produce higher volumes. However, very high impedance headphones might not be able to reach max volume with devices such as an MP3 player or smartphone.
Operating Principle: The Sennheiser RS120 is an open air system, which helps in playing well with classical and jazz. On the other hand, The Sennheiser RS 170 has a closed system and is more likely to sound better with bass heavy music.
The Sennheiser RS120 is very worthy based on its price. The price is quite reasonable and not too high even though it provides comfort, better performance and high quality music. For people having medium to low budget this product from Sennheiser is the ideal one.
The Sennheiser RS120, despite its low price, offers excellent wireless performance. These headphones are a must-buy for all those who love listening to music on the go.