Let the truth be told that wires are quite annoying. They tend to wind themselves around all the wrong places. Once you connect to some device, say, a laptop or an iPod, you have to be careful about jumping up and shifting quickly to some other place. Otherwise, you can expect your table to be wiped clean as the wire takes the laptop and other stuff off the table.
You make one wrong move and you see yourself caught up in a doorknob. Tripping over headphone wires can be the worst thing to happen. It could be you or your co-worker who becomes the victim of a moment of carelessness.
Now, when there is a wireless alternative for every gadget these days, getting such a headphone totally makes sense.
Bluetooth technology was the first one to revolutionize data transfer between mobile phones. With the passage of time, it has progressed to hands-free connectivity as well. Now you can talk without having to rummage through your bag for your phone to take a call.
That said, now music, too, is accessible wirelessly. With the device in your pocket and a headphone connected via Bluetooth, you can enjoy all the music you want. Small and light, these headphones fit your device seamlessly. The best part— they are cordless.
How to Choose the Best Bluetooth Headphones
At first, you should have a clear-cut idea of how you want to use the headphone. You should know your purpose— the place where you will use it. With that rounded up, the choice becomes easier.
Here is a no-brainer— do not get confused between headphones, earphones, and headsets when you go to make a purchase, whether online or down at the gadget store.
Almost all devices offer built-in Bluetooth, which makes it easy for any Bluetooth headphone to fit. However, you might have to compromise with the sound quality due to wave interferences. That is the unavoidable part.
Bluetooth headphones do not necessarily mean Bluetooth earphones. Although both are hearing devices, and the names are used alternatively, the two differ in size. Headphones usually fit over the ear. They are available in a range of designs and sizes to fit one’s ear.
For noise cancellation, the headband type is a good choice. It fits at the back of one’s head. That makes the headphone look discreet. If you prefer a more secured type, then ‘over-the-head’ design is ideal for you. These are traditional ones and are known to provide comfort to the listeners. Finally, for the ones that prefer the both-purpose headphones, getting a headphone with such features is imperative.
What to Look for in a Good Bluetooth Headphone
It all depends on the demands of the individual regarding a particular device. Below are the points to check at the back of the Bluetooth headphone box or pack. The specifications are detailed and therefore, it will not be a very hard task to delineate the one for you.
- Weight— if you are one of those people who wear their headphones for extended periods, then you might want to grab a lightweight headphone. However, with less weight comes a shorter battery life and less features than the heavier headphones.
- The Wireless Music Control— once you get a call, the music pauses, if you have fitted your headphone to a cell-phone. For some devices, you may have to resume the playing manually. If you loathe that, check the on-board music control that enables a hands-free play/pause mode.
- Software Compatibility— this is a must-check. Without an A2DP Bluetooth profile on your phone, the music will not stream from your cell-phone.
- Range— the range of a Bluetooth device is fairly limited. The latest ones can range up to 300 feet on average.
- Battery Life— a good battery life ensures prolonged music experience.
- Charging— a wireless device needs a good amount of charging. To ensure compatibility between the cell-phone and the headphone, it is best to buy the two from the same company.
5 Good Bluetooth Headphones
The market is flooded with Bluetooth headphones between every price range imaginable. However, if you can spare a little more, then here are some of the positively reviewed Bluetooth headphones you can get your hands on.
This headphone allows you to workout freely with your favorite music playing in your ears. The best thing about this headphone is that the rechargeable will take about 15 minutes to fully charge and you will get up to six hours of playback. Its unique sweat and water resistant quality leaves you with little worry about clogging while you sweat it out at the gym.
This in-ear headphone is ideal for the fitness freaks that want to pump up their workout sessions with some good peppy numbers.
- Compact and lightweight. Ideal to wear during workout sessions
- Flexible hook on the ear for snug fitting to prevent it from falling out the ear
- Rechargeable battery with 6 hours’ lifetime. Can extend up to 7 with 15 minutes’ extra charge
- From the ear bud to the cable wrap— fully water and sweat resistant
- Driver acoustics— dual driver, to provide a good listening experience
- Tangle-free cable wrap around. The RemoteTalk control has an over-moulding to keep the grip strong to prevent slipping during volume changes
- Has a hard carrying case
- Box contains cable manager tip and quick user guide, universal USB cable (micro), clip for cable management
- The wireless technology makes your workout sessions hassle free.
- The sweat and water resistant body keeps the grip of the Bluetooth headphone attached to your ear.
- The cable wrap around is tangle-free and saves you the time otherwise spent on untangling the wires.
- The acoustics with the dual-driver technology provide great music delivery to both the ears, thus proving wireless headphones provide high-quality sounds.
- 7 hours of non-stop playback is achievable with the rechargeable battery
Things to be Aware of
Kindly refer to the user guide thoroughly before using the items. Check for the compatibility of the set with your audio device, whether it is a mp3 player or a cell-phone.
This product has a warranty of 1 year after which servicing will require money. The item has fragility issues and the repairing cost can be a bit hefty.
The ear bud and wire wrap around may be moisture resistant but the remote control is not. There can be problems with the volume adjustor as well.
The design of this product keeps the athlete in mind. If you are an athlete or like to work out, then this headphone is perfect for you. This headphone is sleek and one needs to handle with care. If you can control the rough use, then this is the headphone for you.
Everyone is well aware of the Skullcandy brand of headphones, earphones, and headsets. The brand enjoys a widespread popularity among music lovers all over the world. Known mainly for its sound clarity, the brand brings forth Hesh 2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Headphones that is bound to elevate your music experience more than ever before.
With the traditional look of a headset, this item is sleek yet complete with supreme sound. It is ideal for those who cannot live without good music and love to savour every note of a good song played in their audio device.
- Rechargeable battery that lasts 12 hours when fully charged
- Cable for backup and remote control
- 50mm drivers for the Skullcandy quality sound clarity and loudness
- Leather seal for soft touch around the ear
- Mic pulse remote on-board for switching between playlists and taking calls
- The price being affordable makes this item a great buy if you want good sound at a reasonable budget.
- The sound is nice, clean, and comfortable. The headband part is a one-size-fits-all, which fits well even on big ears. Noise cancelling is present.
- It is very comfortable to wear.
- The volume up and down button allows you to change the volume and switch between songs.
- Any Bluetooth device can synchronize with these headphones. This is one big advantage.
- A pretty good range of 27 feet allows you to enjoy your music even when your phone is not near enough.
- The headphones are quite sturdy given the bulk. Hence, you need not worry too much if it accidentally slips out of your hand.
Things to Watch Out For
There is a small issue with the call receiving part. If you receive the call using the phone instead of the headphones, the music might not restart from the headphones anymore. To avoid the same, use the headphone button for receiving calls.
There is no way to check the battery level, so you never know when you need to charge them until it is really low.
The fabric covering might loosen with constant use.
For anyone who is a lover of music, audio books, or watches movies from their phone/laptop, this pair of headphones is apt. The headphones also come in bright colors if you want them.
Considering all the pros and cons together, Hesh 2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Headphones is definitely worth your money.
These are a pair of comfortable wireless headsets to put on and works fine when you are at the gym. Its excellent sound quality is going to grab your interest and you would not leave home without it. The music and phone conversations never sounded better. As the digital quality of the music and speech played are maintained up to their highest quality, it all sounds very natural. The unique shape is ideal to fit your neck when you have not gone wireless.
To enjoy the stereo sound, you can just remove the magnetically snapped earphones
- Excellent sound quality with enhanced response, both audio and bass
- Comfortable finish
- Sound quality CD-like owing to built-in Apt-x Technology
- Presence of a voice battery status reminder and long battery life
- Available in varied colors
- Bluetooth reader provides text message reading
- Bluetooth version: 3.0
- Impressive battery life, which is better than the model-700
- All controls are positioned on the bendable neck-band for easy access
- LG’s downloadable BT Reader App helps you to keep yourself posted with the latest messages.
- Tone+ features noise termination through Echo annulment and Noise Reduction
Things to be Aware of
Improved Bass: the item stands out for its superior bass audio. An impressive high-quality stereo sound, improved bass with compatibility with Apt-X garners the interest of a genuine music lover.
Comfort: you can wear Tone+ the whole day, without feeling uneasy. It also looks very stylish, as if it is a neck-gear.
Beyond Music: the Tone+ will alert you upon a call by vibrating. You will get alerts when the battery is low.
It is the item to have to relax at home with some good music of your choice flowing through your ears. You could be cooking, doing all sorts of chores and never tire of them. Tone+ is with you.
However, the magnets can give you a bit of trouble, but these are a minor annoyance. With prolonged use, the sound might fade out midway into a conversation.
This model is device specific for best performances so you may have to get a device more compatible than not.
The battery level indicator and equalizer might not function properly.
Overall, the 730 model is great for audiophiles. The ones who want to put their phone down every once in a while but do not want to cut down on music can have these. Go ahead to enhance your lifestyle with LG Tone.
From its first appearance, wireless Beats Headphone is here to steal hearts. A long-range Bluetooth connectivity of up to 30 feet gives you the freedom to roam and not worry about becoming detached from your favorite music. The item is compact with the top-class sound, noise cancellation, rechargeable batteries, extended battery lifetime, and comfortable headband for your ultimate convenience.
Be prepared to have a wonderful audio experience. It is needless to say that music producers from all genres prefer the Beats models to any other models in the headphones section. Getting your hands on one such item is truly going to change the way you listen to music.
Once you put on these headphones, you can forget about the surrounding sounds.
- Beats Acoustic EngineTM to make your experience with music more personal
- Signature BSP software to create the ultimate emotional ambience. Perfect for all genres of music studio setup, viz. R&B, hip-hop, electronic music.
- Soft ear cups for better and more comfortable fit
- Lightweight, strong, matte black that makes scratches less visible
- The Dual-mode Adaptive sound termination enables you to cancel extra noise that hinders your performance
- Rechargeable battery comes built-in and upon charging can deliver up to 12 hours of non-stop music wirelessly
- Box is packed with RemoteTalk(TM) cable, 3.5 mm jack audio, USB 2.0 cable for charging, USB Power adaptor, hard-shell case for carrying the item around, user guide, and 1-year of warranty
- In-line mic and remote to take calls, change the volume, and tracks
- A no-compromise on the Bluetooth quality enabling a long range of wireless quality
- The sleek foldable feature is impressive and it can fit anywhere inside the semi-rigid carrying case
- Improved sound quality gives you the total, uninhibited music experience, almost to the intensity of a concert
- The long life of the batteries ensures your music stays connected without the need to constantly recharge.
- It has an Apple device support system which means you can fit it with Apple devices as well without hassle
Things to be Aware of
The sound experience is nice if not accurate. The internal battery is not fool-proof to that extent in case it dies and you are not near a power source.
Otherwise, this product can give Bose items quite a competition.
Beats makes well-engineered products and it is a good choice for people that do not compromise on quality for money. With superior sound cessation technology, you are in for a real music treat with Beats on your ears.
With an in-built mic, a Battery life of 12 hours and a hard travel holder, you can carry the headphones anywhere with you. It has a really decent Bluetooth connectivity and a good quality build. Get your share of your uninterrupted music experience from podcasts, laptops, phones, iPods, etc. a well-protected case ensures your prized possession of very little harm. Such a product can be a great gift for avid listeners.
It is not just the sound that is good but the comfort too.
Following features will enable you to take a closer look at some of the positives.
- Bluetooth CSR Advanced Bluetooth technology. It enables you to enjoy your music flow seamlessly.
- Sound quality is uncompromisingly good. Its drivers provide clear-cut treble, bass, and comprehensible mid tones. This makes every note noticeable.
- Hours of nonstop music attainable through Lithium-ion battery which is rechargeable. Even phone calls, movies and podcasts can be pulled up with a full charge. Charger is DC 5V (500MA)
- Availability of high USB 2.0,
- In the box: high-speed micro USB charging wire, travel case, 3.5 mm audio cord (if you do not use Bluetooth), 1-year warranty information
- Controlling your music is easy as the controls are positioned on the headphone
- Bluetooth pairing is easy with no requirements of codes
- Without Bluetooth, options for wired connection are available via 3.5mm.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz
- Clear sound enables a person to hear better
- Enables you to stream music directly from your Smartphone without the hassle of cords
- The sound balance is decent enough with the higher range sound clarity better than the lower one
- Very strong battery life and takes charge quickly
- The remote control enables you good access to volume adjustments and all the useful buttons are available with the in-line remote
- Options for wired connection include micro-USB cable in case you need them
- One can plug the device into the source when the battery of the headphones goes off. In this way, there is no stopping on good music.
Things to be Aware of
The sound might leak at times, though less often. Be careful to use it at your workplace when you want to play your music in full blast.
The padding might make your ears feel hot in the summer months. You might want to take it down every now and then.
At times, there might be some problems with the equalizer. Other than that, the good microphone quality lets you take calls hands-free.
This is a great purchase because of its durability. The slim design snugly fits among your luggage. The music experience will be quite satisfying. The soft ear cups will make sure that your ears are well cushioned and the surround sound does not get into your ears.
Who would not want to feel the comfort of listening to their favorite numbers without compromising on comfort? Be it a big head or small, the headphones fit all.
If you are looking for the ultimate sound clarity, then we suggest you should try it. Almost surely, you will not be disappointed.